The following are the events filer monitors:
- Dump/restore starts.
- Restart of a dump/restore.
- Dump/restore completes successfully.
- The operation aborts.
- Dump/restore hits an unexpected event.
- Logs the options as users specify.
- Output device is opened successfully.
- Output device is closed successfully.
- As dump/restore completes a stage.
- When the snapshot is created or located.
- When a valid base dump entry is located.
Start_logging Logging begins.
- Logging ends.
TYPE TIME_STAMP IDENTIFIER EVENT (EVENT_INFO)
- Either dmp(dump), rst(restore) or log events.
- Shows date and time at which event occurs.
- Unique ID for the dump/restore.
- The event name.
- Event specific information.
dmp Thu Apr 5 18:54:56 PDT 2001 /vol/vol0/home(5) Start (level 0, NDMP)
In the particular example:
- = dmp
- = Thu Apr 5 18:54:56 PDT 2001
- = /vol/vol0/home(5)
- = Start
- = level 0, NDMP
The registry option backup.log.enable controls the enabling and disabling of the logging with values on and off respectively. The functionality is enabled by default. (See options for how to set options.)
- backup log file for current week. /etc/log/backup.[0-5] backup log files for previous weeks
Copyright © 1994-2008 NetApp, Inc. Legal Information